Monday, March 4, 2013

Everything's Gonna Be Alright

the clock is ticking, 
my thoughts are clicking.
images that swirl in my head, 
fill my soul with fear and dread.

what happened to the little girl there?
once full of promise and care?
abandoned.  once.  twice,  and more.
heart and soul removed and left on the floor.

I sing this song with all of my might:
"Mommy, please, just for tonight, 
hold me again, hold me real tight,
tell me everything's gonna be alright."

the Light came in and offered hope,
but the darkness lingered as i tried to cope,
with an empty shell once full of life.
i became somebody's mother, somebody's wife.

the days were full, but my soul grew empty.
there was nothing here in my world of plenty.
words seemed hollow and the days were long.
memories played their haunting song.

they sang my lyrics as i turned out the light:
"mommy, please, just for tonight, 
hold me again, hold me real tight.
tell me everything's gonna be alright."

emotionless words, a stinging reality,
of living a life of passionless humanity.
playing a part, as if on a stage, 
the script not yet finished, 
as i turn another page.

the Great Playmaker, Master of Music and Rhyme
writes another scene for His glory divine!
something once dead is springing to life,
a new story to tell and 
a new song to write.

instead of demands, His words are so soothing,
as He sings over me, the melody is moving.

these precious words so full of life:
"My Love holds you close today and tonight,
I will hold you again, I will hold you real tight.
I want you to know everything's gonna be alright!
you'll never be alone, for I am always there.
My Grace is enough for this pain you bear.
I am your Promise, and you are My care!"



No comments:

Post a Comment