You love me enough to build a golden cage, just for you.
You love me enough to call once a day to ask "how do you do?"
But is that really enough to sacrifice the rest of my life?
Is that really what you want from this soul you call your wife?
You love me enough to come back home every night.
You love me enough to pretend everything is alright.
But is it really enough to live in this castle made of sand?
Is it really enough to put my dreams into your hand?
You love me enough to kiss my head before you leave.
You love me enough to give me room so I can breathe.
But do you love me enough to hold me when I cry?
And will you love me enough to miss me if I fly?
Is your love enough to keep me from saying "good-bye"?
Your "good enough" is just enough for me to see the lie.
Truth is a branch, not a box, you see.
And souls are made to live cage-free.
Love is real, and sometimes wrought with pain.
And dreams give us hope to face life again.
Actions without emotion are empty and dead.
I'd rather be in your heart, than only in your head.
No comments:
Post a Comment